Image by x10cis, Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, August 20, 2004

ahoy buccaneers!



just watched pirates of the caribbean, kuya jun lent me his dvd, which, saved us about P1300 just watching it in the cinema here, and would you believe it, the most numbers of people i had seen inside the cinema is about 15... yup, and that is peak hours.

johnny depp is undeniably one of the greatest actors of our time. i've read it was his decision to dress and act like that, he said 'jack sparrow' has so much character, he couldn't stop himself and his creativity to flow out. his portrayal is just awesome, really! he also had to deal with 'whisperings' and doubts from his producers but (i really dig this line) he said, "I remember I had two more gold teeth, and there were a few that wanted them gone…in fact, wanted them all gone. And they wanted the braids in my beard gone, and they wanted a lot of the trinkets and things gone. I just basically said, 'I respect you guys. I'll compromise to some degree, which means I'll take two teeth out. Cool. But anything beyond that, I feel, is compromising the integrity of the character, and I'm not willing to do that. You've got to trust me. You've got to let me do what you hired me to do, and if you're not happy with doing that, then you've got to replace me."

he's so cool! if you want the whole interview, here's the site 'Johnny Depp Interview for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - UGO.com Film/TV'

bambi said he watched it on the plane, so that made me one year late in watching it since it was released, am i? he tried so hard not to tell me what's going to happen next... we finished watching it around 4am.

and i was late again today. but bitoy gave me a compliment on the brochure i made, funny how artworks made in a rush seem beautiful to them, when some artworks i focus on needs a LOT of amendments. it happened to kuya jun and papa also. i guess it's a creative thing, you know, when you're in a rush all you have is your instinct, no time for reasons...

i also borrowed the last samurai, it was so sad, i dont to elaborate anymore.
...it made me cry while watching it.

on a happier note, i am going to save (really) starting this month so we can go to dubai in january! i missed last year's shopping festival and i'm not going to miss it again. bambi will sure drop his jaw when he sees all the rides there, its just awesome! i hope we have a videocam by that time, even a camera will do. i got all the numbers of the hotels and hotel/apartments in dubai, and im making a canvass whether we'll take sharjah plane or straight to dubai, i was told sharjah plane tickets are cheaper, and since i know the vicinity im sure we won't be lost even if we land in abu dhabi. or even al ain. i just hope bambi has hisgcc license by that time, it's so much easier having your own car than taking taxis. there's a mobile geant is selling right now that has free roundtrip ticket to dubai, unfortunately i don't have money right now, and the ticket is valid for 3 months from aug 31 only. but isn't it great? a free ticket with your mobile!

so much for dreaming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





My Photo
Name:
Location: in manama, Bahrain

i am who i am. your approval isn't needed.


my attempts at blogging sometimes seems corny, sometimes kikay-shallow. usually i try to be cool, yet mostly my posts are emo's. don't like it? don't read it. nobody forced you to visit my page anyway.

Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com 
Bravenet.com

Powered by Blogger





Parokya Ni Ed.. Lyrics



"thanks for visiting kiko and tintin's site. you are visitor number:"

Free Counters
Calorie Counter



Strange Breed's weekly cartoon